Friday 15 February 2013

Caleb, Cora, Grace & Isaac


This family group don't always get a look in on my blog, so I thought it was about time I did something about it.


It is much more difficult to photograph these black dolls.  Caleb has a lovely little flick at the corner of his eyelids that is so difficult to pick up with the camera.  All that seems to be well picked up is the dust!  Yet I definitely gave them a good wiping over!  His lips are very vibrant.



Little Grace is an early sexed baby girl with raised eyelids.



Cora, again with very vibrant lips.



Group photo - yes poor Caleb is still in his Christmas clothes.


Baby Isaac  is really the 'odd' one out, being a later baby with the lighter skin.


In this photo you can really see the difference in the colouring of Isaac compared to the other three.


10 comments:

  1. It's nice to see them all together for comparison.
    Is Cora a little taller than Caleb?
    I love her shorts, very fashionable, did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I don't think she is, I think it is her boots. I didn't make these shorts, but have made a similar pair in blue.

      Delete
  2. They're lovely! Someone (I think it was Chris Meatyard) suggested regular oiling of the black Sashas using mineral oil, and it seemed to work very well for our dark dolls who tended to get a dusty look every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know this, I will have to try it.

      Delete
    2. It was helpful to me. Chris told a really funny story, which I think is on Sasha_Mart about oiling up one of her (nude) Caleb dolls when the Post Man came to the door to deliver a package and he gave her a rather funny look, if I recall correctly. Dorisanne has said they used some kind of specialty cream (Nivea maybe?) on the dark skin dolls at the Sasha Musuem in Zurich. Your collection is absolutely stunning. I sold my black Sasha family last year when my DH had his strokes and then was made redundant. I do miss them. I'm happy to look at your lovely ones! They make my heart sing!!!

      Delete
  3. Always good to see these camera shy dolls take centre stage for a change.
    I've been trying to do the same here as Steve was complaining that I always seem to use the same dolls over and over again for my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice family there Lorraine, and I like the comparison of the two skin colours in the last photo. It's funny with the vinyl dolls because I too find the darker vinyl harder to photograph, and yet with my bjds it is the other way around, and lighter dolls are more difficult.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. I toy with the thought of letting Isaac move on to a new home...but he will probably stay. It is funny isn't it? How different dolls photograph so differently. I have put my two Blythe dolls on Flickr for you...not sure if you have seen them yet?

      Delete
    2. Oh no I've just signed in this morning, I will go and look now!
      Hugs Sharon x

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.