Friday 12 February 2016

Knitting on Friday

The first of my Friday Knitting Round Up Posts, encouraged by a few friends and also the recent award.  

I knit pretty much every evening - I have found it helps to keep  my hands busy, I actually hurt less, or at least am distracted somewhat from the pain by doing something with my arm and hands than if I just sit and watch something.

This week I have knitted two garments, a purple dress and a little pink cardigan.


Peggy Sue was the first to model this purple dress as she had matching purple shoes so insisted it was a 'must have' dress.   


Next  Cora wanted to try it on and it contrasts beautifully with her dark skin.  She also had found a pair of purple shoes to match!


Pretty girl


Cora enjoys a walk in the garden as it is a relatively mild afternoon.


She meets up with Tui Renate who is also wearing a newly knitted cardigan. 


It is a soft 'baby' pink colour with shimmery highlights in it.  Difficult to photograph.


Tui Renate has teamed it with a skirt made a few years ago with some vintage fabric I had.




Trying to capture her pretty face is difficult at this time of the year - the light isn't the best.

I don't just knit for Sasha & Gregor, I also knit for both larger and smaller dolls.  

Next up some of my 'other doll' knitting completed the last couple of weeks.



I knitted this little Lace effect dress which also fits Kish Riley

I have been enjoying some 'Tiny Knitting' and have made a few dresses for my little AI doll Xanthe Phylica


Knitted on UK Size 16 needles with 2 ply.






A cardigan is just what is needed for the cooler weather.


A dress for Hitty Anne.


Just before Christmas I decided it was high time I finished some of my own WIPs starting with a hooded jumper I started in NZ a few years ago.  I don't do a lot of 'big person' knitting any more as it tends to hurt my arm a lot, but I have discovered the 'Knit Pro' needles and they really make quite a difference.






Next was another cardigan I started in NZ a couple of years ago.


I finished a small red jumper I had started too many years ago to remember - I didn't like the way the wool knitted up, but bit the bullet and got to it and that too was finished before Christmas



I knitted my son a Christmas jumper at his request and choosing.


Finally a project I am still working on that I must have started...ahem ... about 15 years ago is this patchwork effect jacket. It came to a halt as I discovered I had run out yarn - and of course they no longer produce it.  Fortunately I was able to track some down via Ravelry and I hope to finish this in the next week if I am lucky - I only have the sleeves to do, oh and the button band - perhaps it won't be finished until April!




3 comments:

  1. Your knitting is superb; as a knitter I admire your work. You can be proud of these garments. Regrettably, knitting has fallen out of favour in New Zealand. Btw, a Hitty lives with us,too. Jesse, Adam & Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is superb; as a knitter I admire your work. You can be proud of these garments. Regrettably, knitting has fallen out of favour in New Zealand. Btw, a Hitty lives with us,too. Jesse, Adam & Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being put forward for the award and for your lovely knitting creations. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.