Tuesday 4 June 2013

Farm Girl Outfit

It all started with wanting to make a plain blouse to go with the patchwork skirt I made the other week...


I think this looks better than the green blouse I originally made to go with the skirt.  

Liking this easy blouse I thought I'd make another one, which led to...well another Sasha Studio Farm Girl inspired outfit.


The long underwear/pants and scarf are made from a tea towel.  The petticoat from some vintage lace and left over christening gown, the apron was a napkin and the blouse is made from a recycled linen shirt.  The skirt is made from some fabric I had.  Forgive the boots, they are the only ones I had for her to wear.  I will have to make her a pair of shoes/boots to match the outfit, but ran out of time and energy today.


Unfortunately the sun is completely washing all the detail of the little apron out, so I will have to try and take some more photos tomorrow.


I played round with the colours and lighting here so it looks a bit odd, but you can see the flower a bit better.

I also have a knitted shawl that I need to dig out that will go with this nicely.



14 comments:

  1. Very lovely. You are definitely finding your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I think so, I really enjoy working out the mix of materials to make these.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed looking at these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like one thing leading to another then!
    Much prefer the white blouse to the first green patterned one. Liking the use of a Tea towel and following in Sasha Morgenthaler's footsteps.
    The farmchild outfits always look good on the Sasha Dolls. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much better isn't it Kendal? I think the patterned blouse would be better with some plain, perhaps with denim or something....I will no doubt do some experimenting at some stage.

      Delete
  4. Gadfry, you are so good at this. I love the "Oh I just dashed this off with a tea towel" sort of thing. Yeah, like anybody could do that and make it look this good and keep it in-scale.

    And she makes shoes too...sheesh. ;-) Oh yeah, "I'll just dash off a pair of shoes tomorrow." Man, you are unbelievably creative with these clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I didn't get the shoes made though!

      Thank you :-)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty Lorraine! I too, really prefer the plain blouse with the cute patchwork skirt, it shows the skirt off more and it's such a pretty skirt. I like the farm girl outfit too, it's well thought out and you've used some good fabrics!
    Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plain is definitely better isn't it? Thank you for your lovely comment :-)

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.