Friday 3 May 2013

Operation Sasha Festival!



Gotz -a - Go to the Sasha Festival!

I am seriously hoping to go to the Sasha Festival.

I need a break and have a couple of invitations to also visit friends.

Of course how to go about achieving this is something else...having had no income whatsoever since having to give up teaching after the surgery for TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) in 2008 makes this extremely difficult.  I had hoped that coming off medication would help bring back my motivation and that I could maybe look for some part time work.  I now realise (how long has it taken me?) that this is really not going to be possible.  It has been a long four years struggling with daily pain which fluctuates in severity and I need a break away from everyday life (especially having not been able to go and visit my parents this year)

So instead of feeling sorry for myself, which admittedly I have been quite good at, especially missing playing and performing on the clarinet so much, I've decided to go for it!

There is only one way possible for me to fund this trip - and that is to sell things - of which all I have of value is my dolls and my instruments.

So my Tenor and Soprano Saxophone are going - DS2 won't let me sell my alto - I think he fancies having it himself.  I may also sell my bass and alto clarinet, but will keep my Bb and A in the hope that I may one day be pain free and be able to play again.  

Now for the dolls - this is a hard one, as I  already downsized a lot last year - trying to pay back my Mastercard debt...which I didn't quite manage...and has since grown again...sigh...  Doll addiction without a job and income is difficult indeed, and I have no willpower - when in pain 'buy it will make you feel better' mentality which of course actually doesn't work! ;-)  

 To choose who is to stay and who is to go is difficult, and I have decided that I am just going to have the English dolls so the Gotz have Gotz - a - Go and sadly my gorgeous NP Ballet girl.

I don't want to just go to the Festival - I want to be truly debt and guilt free as well - then I can go with a clear conscience!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making a tough decision. Hope they all find lovely homes.
    Jenni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine it will be lovely for you if you can go to the festival...when is it? And where? I did read about it on Sasha Mart but can't remember!
    I'm sure you can do it if you really want it enough! And what about sewing to sell? Have you been doing that too? That should help, as long as it doesn't make you ill again of course!
    I wish you well, I'm sure we'll be hearing that you've got the money together and have your ticket in hand, very soon!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain xx who wishes she could go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you very good luck with these sales and getting to go to the Sasha Festival.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.