Thursday 30 May 2013

Liebe in Denim

In October 2009 I made this bag for a young girl's 13th birthday party. 



I have had the scraps from the denim that I used to make this bag floating around ever since - sure that I could use them for something, although not quite sure what as they were quite small scraps.  Today I thought I would make see what I could salvage to put with some other green scraps I had to make an outfit.

I made a beret - a bit more fabric was used for this than I would have liked as I made a mistake the first time!



I used a little left over lace - just the right amount to lengthen the top slightly.



I teamed it with a pair of light pink JJ Shoes to bring out the little pink flowers in the leggings, but not really sure it has quite achieved the look I was hoping for so might try some different colours.




Such a lovely girl, looks like she might be here to stay :-)






8 comments:

  1. Really like the style and fit of the top. How the flowers cascade down the top is quite lovely and adds that little something. I also like how you hemmed the capris. Looks like the perfect traveling during July outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might indeed be a good travelling outfit - but I don't think I will be taking any girls, just Henry - much to their upset of course.

      Delete
  2. Love the top and the beret, wonderful use of the left-over scraps from the attractive teenager bag. Always thinnk that a beret just sets off an outfit.

    Really love the capri pants as well although as you say I'm not sure from the photo (but could well do in real life) that the pink of the sandals brings out the little pink flower of the capri material aswell as we would have hoped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to experiment with different shoes and capri pants today - as this just doesn't quite 'do' it.

      Delete
  3. This looks very pretty on her Lorraine, and perfect for early summer days!
    I always recycle denim, especially that which has been washed loads of times as it works really well for dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to use isn't it - I always scour the charity shops to see what I can find. This was originally a skirt my MIL gave me....I tend to cut up a lot of what she gives me!

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.