Saturday 11 February 2012

Diamonds are Forever


I finished this lovely little 'Diamonds are Forever'  sweater dress last night. (Pattern from Ravelry) Just have the little matching hat to make now.  It is supposed to be for an American Girl Doll (or other 18 inch doll such as Gotz) but using this wool, I was fairly sure it would knit up smaller and be suitable for Sasha.

What do you think?



I think it looks quite cute on her.  Would be great if she had shoes that matched the colour.



It is the first time I have tried anything like this before and I am really pleased with the result.  I can see more of these dresses being made!

7 comments:

  1. I can just picture her in a pair of tight or leggings under it out on the ice rink. She would be toasty warm and oh so fashionable. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie and Ann, I am really pleased with it. As you say Julie, she just needs a nice pair of tights or leggings now...will have to sort her out a pair...fortunately she is not venturing outside today she said it was far too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that pattern but have not used it yet, looks very nice on your girl, i saw a purple one for sale on ebay the other week but was not on a doll.
    I agree with julie would look good with tights and ice skating boots just right for the weather we are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....nice work....with little leggins...it would be complete....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The AG dolls are quite broad across the shoulders and the pattern reflects that, however it looks good on her despite being a little wide over the shoulders (I'm sure that can be adjusted). Lovely colour, and I can just picture this with white skates and patterned tights or leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the color and the pattern of it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.