Sunday 15 May 2011

Welcome to Sewing for Sasha

Hello and welcome to my new blog where I will showcase items I have sewn or knitted for Sasha and Gregor. Sometimes I will also show off other delightful items from other talented people who also enjoy this new found hobby of mine.

I have always had a love of dolls and have a lovely collection of various different dolls which I have enjoyed sewing for in the past. Due to not being able to play my clarinet, saxophone, flute and teach due to 'Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome' after having major surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome two years ago I have been dabbling back into my crafting. Interchanging sewing, knitting and crochet according to how much pain I am in on the day. Keeping busy is a good way to help distract me from the constant and daily pain and what better way than to do it with Sasha and her friends.

Jane has been chosen for this lovely dress 'Blue Fizz', one of my recent creations. Made with 100% cotton patchwork & quilting fabric. Yes it was supposed to be for a quilt, but I decided Jane looked so good in this colour and pattern.

1 comment:

  1. I love to make clothes for my dolls and I've dug 3 of them "resting" in a wooden chest and I'm happily making some Kate Greenaway dresses for them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.