Tuesday 28 July 2015

Sasha Festival 2015 - The Götz Museum

We were in for a real treat on the Saturday night as Anne Santucci and her lovely family had put together an amazing 'Sasha Götz Museum' Exhibition for us.  I would have loved to have managed to get a panoramic view of the whole exhibit, but unfortunately there was never the opportunity to get an unobstructed view for obvious reasons!

Götz from both productions were on show, and they were all beautifully and stunningly presented.


I will let the pictures do most of the 'talking' as they generally speak for themselves.


Several dolls really caught my eye.


I very much liked this girl with her blue eyes and brunette hair.


So well dressed.


Original outfits


The displays were designed and built by Anne's husband and showed off the dolls to perfection.







This girl especially caught my eye.



As did this one.











I discovered there was a sailor baby which I hadn't known about!

Having a son in the merchant navy I have a soft spot for Sasha & Gregor in sailor outfits, and have a small display of redheads that I have dressed this way, I now see two dolls I would love to add to my collection one day - the  red head Sasha and the little red head baby!


I have loved this boy in particular after first seeing pictures of him in an old Sasha Newsletter a couple of years ago. - he is just soooo cute!


I also love Barbara - wouldn't mind these two in my collection one day.


This toddler was especially pretty


Rather a cutie as well.


Without a doubt though, it was this doll that captured my heart out of them all in the display..


I can only dream of having a girl just like her in my collection!


I guess she reminds me a bit of Amber - so I have a similar girl admittedly...


...but yes, I simply adored this girl as the photos show!  To me she is just exquisite and it was a privilege to see her and all the other dolls in this exhibit.


Stunning, interesting, and awe inspiring.

Thank you so much Anne, your wonderful husband and your two gorgeous children for making the time and effort to put on this display for us.  It really was a treat.


Loving siblings - two very nice young people, it was a pleasure to meet and spend time with you and get to know you a bit better.


13 comments:

  1. Great photos and lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Lorraine - even a Götz-unbeliever like me enjoyed them! (And I like that girl in the pink hat too.) - Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely what I thought Jocelyn! They were fabulous.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for showing your excellent photos Lorraine. Also I love to see the beautiful display of Goetz dolls and all the details too. What wonderful clothing on the obviously very beloved special dolls . Love, Fanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are quite stunning aren't they Fanny? So glad you have enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous display of fabulous Gotz dolls. Thank you so much Lorraine for sharing the photos of these very special Sashas. Your favorite girl is a lot like Amber and I see a slight difference there though and can understand why you love her. She is one of my two most favorite dolls in the display. My other favorite is the stunning blonde in the green duffle coat. What treasures they all are to see!! Thank you again Lorraine! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a difference in them, but I think they share a very similar look. As mentioned about I also like the blonde!

      Hmm I would never have thought to have put Amber in the colour that beautiful red head is in, but I might have to see if I can find some similar coloured fabric and make her something.

      Delete
    2. Great idea and make a hat too! Amber will be thrilled!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Lorraine, for your thoughtful photographs of Annie and Izzy's (plus Jackson and Don's -- must include the whole Santucci family) exceptional museum exhibit. It brings tears to my eyes just looking at the pictures and I so, so wish I could have seen it in person. I am stunned by it.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a coordinated 'all stand back for photos' call was needed for the Gotz museum. What an amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, what a treat for everyone. Lorraine, I am in complete agreement with you about the girl who captured your heart, what a stunner, from a distance I thought she was a Studio doll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Now this would have been MY hightlight of the whole festival being such a Gotz Doll fan! I doubt that you could have drawn me away and if allowed I would have probably stayed there ALL night just admiring and photographing.

    I adore how they were all dressed...just up my street, but it also made me rather sad that, apart from toddler Bea, I had sold on the whole of my later Gotz collection ....(and I had every single one of them....apart from one or two of the babies.)

    My very favourite there were the 1969 brunette No-navel in the white dress, plus the blonde one behind her, the rare yellow eyed girl in the green duffle, the yellow eye in the peach hat, the blonde in the brown farmpants and red checked blouse and the pretty Iona in the blue cape with the pink pig handpuppet.

    Many thanks Lorraine for capturing this magnificent display for us to enjoy and see.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.