Wednesday 14 November 2012

Henry is getting ready for his trip to France

Henry has been busy today getting his gear ready to take to France.  I have explained we don't need a lot and what he does take he will have to carry himself.  

First of all he asked me if I could make a hat for him.  

What sort of hat?

'A French cap', was his reply.  Hmmm...not really sure what one looks like.

'A bit like Alistair's cap' (Alistair is a KnC boy)

Okay, I think I can do that.


Not sure if it looks at all French, but Henry is happy with it, which is the most important thing.





'Next I need a bigger back pack please, as my other is just too small to put anything but my passport and sunglasses in'.  Henry explains to me.

Never having made one before I made a proto-type, which will do for the weekend, but could probably do with a few refinements!


Henry put the passport in the front pocket, and pinned a couple of his badges on.


Looking at his badges I've realised, Henry collects badges!  Now apparently I have to find his Cornish badge and his Olympic badge!  No mean feat I can tell you...


The size is right, he should be able to put a couple of items of clothing in there.

At least one of us is getting ready!


4 comments:

  1. Vive La France! Henry's looking good to go! Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Henry is a very lucky boy to have you to make all these lovely things for him....and to visit Paris too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shan't be recognising Henry very soon at this rate.
    Is he learning a little of the French language as well as wearing the French styled hat to tide him over on his visit to Paris?

    The new bigger back pack looks much more serviceable to hold all his gear. Pinning his badge collection onto it reminds me of my youth when I used to sew the cloth badges that I had collected on my journeys onto my thick navy Guernsey jumper.

    How's your packing going? Not too well I should think with Henry's constant ideas and demands. Guessing though that he will be the best dressed Gregor tourist in France when he gets over there!

    Sasha love from Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Henry is a lucky boy! When will you be leaving? And returning?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.