Wednesday 7 November 2012

A New Zealand friend comes to visit: London

At very short notice I heard that my friend from New Zealand was able to come up and stay with me for a few days.  She has been over visiting her daughter who has just had a baby, and we weren't sure she would have the time to spend a couple of days with me.  Fortunately she was so on Monday morning Henry and I went into London to meet her at Waterloo Station.


Henry was very excited about meeting my friend Jill as he had heard me talking about her before.  We went to the same ante-natal classes 22 years ago and for the first four and half years our children grew up together.  She is what I consider my best friend and I have missed her dearly these last 17 years, especially as she really is no good at writing letters or sending emails!

We visited Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and browsed Hamleys (of course!)


He peered through the gates at Buckingham Palace to watch the guard marching.






Henry took a photo of Jill and I (clever isn't he?!)



Henry admired the grandeur and size of the statues.







Henry marvelled the size of this statue's foot








We strolled through the park and were delighted by the Pelican preening himself: 





Henry enjoyed the waterfall in Trafalgar square.





We admired Big Ben.

We completely forgot about photo opportunities in Hamleys!



2 comments:

  1. Nice photos! So glad your friend was able to visit you. Hopefully it won't be another 17 years before she gets to visit again.

    Henry looks very handsome as always. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to a post that features 'Dear Henry!' What a super sight-seeing day he had in London. By the end of all this he could make a super tour guide for visitors coming into our capital city to see our famous buildings and landmarks. Only last month I and my Sasha Doll, Lottie, were down there passing those very sights....but unfortunately in a taxi so couldn't get out to take any photos.
    Congratulate Henry on taking such a super (and memorable) photo of you and your special friend, Jill, outside Buckingham Palace.
    Loved the first photo of Henry sitting on the train seat at Charing Cross Station. His rather wistful expression is priceless.
    Another delightfully unusual photo is of him looking at the statue's giant foot!
    Sasha love from Kendal.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.