Wednesday 27 May 2015

My other Trendon Brunette - Monica

Re-introducing the lovely Monica, my 1971 Brunette Sasha that joined the Sashas here at Rose Cottage back in the summer of 2011.    She has slightly falling hair so doesn't get 'played' with as much as the others and I try to limit changing her clothes to just the four seasons, plus occasionally she will model some clothes.

I bought her from Shelly at Sasha  Doll UK  and the following two photos are taken from her stock photos that the talented Shelly took.


She came wearing a pretty smocked dress made by Patty.


How could anyone not fall in love with that charming face?

Of course back in 2011 I was still learning how to photograph these dolls and my photos don't always do her justice!


Her arrival photos.








One of the first dresses she modelled was a Christmas dress that I sold.


She is a beautiful model and a delight to photograph.



In 2012 Monica modelled the Sasha Festival Donation that Norvell and I put together.  Norvell made the lovely smocked dress and provided the shoes and socks and I knitted her cardigan, made from NZ wools and added the Pukeko.



Monica modelling another summer dress in 2012


Wearing a blue corduroy dress and yellow coat.


The dress I made in the winter of 2012.




Monica modelling the white dress I made for the 2013 Sasha Festival.



Here she is wearing the lovely dress that Norvell donated to the 2013 Sasha Festival that I won in the auction.


It is really beautiful.



Looking bright and cheerful in her New Zealand native animals print dress.



Wearing an outfit I made in 2014




This is the dress she was wearing last week....she was glad to be changing out of it in to summer clothes.




She models a short sleeve tunic dress I made for an order.




The other dress made to order with short sleeves.



I think I will have to make her one to keep!



Lastly the dress she has changed into for this summer.  A pretty smocked dress made by Karen.






6 comments:

  1. The yellow and blue short-sleeve knitted dresses are beautiful. You did a great job knitting them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, really pleased with the short sleeves.

      Delete
  2. A very wonderful post of Monica as she is modeling over the years! I remember that fabulous white dress that you made for the 2013 Festival and the very pretty dress you won that Norvell made for the 2013 Festival in Cinciinnati. It is so nice to see them again and a happy reminder of when I met you and Norvell. I love Karen's dress that Monica is wearing in the last photos. It is perfect for her! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, glad you enjoyed it. I was actually surprised how many times I had used Monica as a model in the end! Lovely reminders too of a great festival.

      Delete
  3. Like you, when looking back over photos taken from past years, I can see the improvements as we get to know our Sasha Dolls capabilities and learn through 'trial and error' just how to pose them much better in front of the camera.

    The brown eyed, brunette haired dolls are my very favourite of the Sasha colourways, even in spite of their falling hair syndrome, and Monica here is just delightful and looks so good in all these colours.

    It was an extra treat seeing her in one of Patty's Sashawardrobe dresses. It was such a pity when she stopped making these very popular outfits which were so reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica is certainly delightful, such a shame these gorgeous girls have such a problem with their hair.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.