Friday 19 February 2016

Knitting Round up for Friday


I haven't knitted a lot this week - I have had to 'frog' (undo) a couple of projects when I realised I just didn't have enough wool to complete them, so a bit of wasted time!

One item I am really pleased with is a little yellow 'Party Time' dress for Sasha knitted from a Golden Hands pattern I have been meaning to knit for a while.  I just wish I'd had enough of the yellow to knit the little yellow matching coat.  I will knit this pattern again though so will make sure I have enough for both items next time.  Plus I will be able to improve on it next time as well.



Sally was pleased to get to model the dress and she found the perfect matching shoes in the shoe drawer as well.



I took a few more photos this morning as a new lens for my camera arrived and I wanted to experiment with it.



Sally is my wide faced 1972 Trendon Sasha I bought from Ted Menton back in 2011 I think it was.

During the week I also knitted a tank top for Gregor, but I decided it was a bit too 'pink' for the boys so at the moment Peggy Sue is wearing it as she said she was cold and wanted to put something over her dress.


I think this would look quite nice on one of the brunettes - I just need to work out what would go with it!





I did some 'tiny' knitting and made a little cardigan for Xanthe Phylica


As well as a little cardigan for Wren, which looks good with her denim dress.






10 comments:

  1. The party dress is marvelous! I can't believe there is still something to improve. And I think Peggy Sue might want to keep the tank top, as it goes very well with her dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) I think you might be right about Peggy Sue wanting to keep the tank top!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful knitted dress for Sally and I love the warm buttery color very much. She looks just wonderful and so nice to have matching shoes too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, it is lovely isn't it - so pleased with how this knitted up.

      Delete
  3. Some more lucky dolls then getting to wear your latest knitting projects.
    I really adore the wide-faced Sasha Dolls and nice to think that Sally used to belong to Ted and then came all the way from the US to live with you and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is always lovely having a special doll from a special person :-)

      Delete
  4. Well even with not knitting so much this week because of having to take some knitting apart you've been very productive. I'll be interested to see what improvements you make to the Golden hands pattern. The tank top suits Peggy Sue and Isabel likes Wren's cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha the improvements are to my knitting as opposed to the pattern! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Love the little yellow dress and looking forward to seeing the matching jacket. Hope you are well and having fun, hoping to read your next post soon (no pressure of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie....sadly I don't have enough of the yellow to make the matching jacket, so will have to make the set in another colour.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.