Tuesday 1 January 2013

January 1st 2013

Happy New Year!

After having to sell over half my Sasha girls and boys, I have 12 Trendon/Frido Sashas left so I thought...getting the idea from Dee over at Sasha Village who featured a 'Red' a month last year, (thanks Dee), that I would  feature one of my girls at the beginning of each month.  Starting with the one who arrived first (out of who remains).



So, without further ado, my Sasha for January is Molly, who is an early Brunette Trendon girl who has been restrung by Brenda Walton.  I bought Molly from Absolutely Sasha and she has been here the longest of all the girls that remain here.  She has oxidised eyes, brows and lips, and one day I may touch these up, but at the moment I am happy to leave them as they are.  She is a bit sad at the moment as her best friend Sasha, the first Sasha to arrive here, is leaving home to go to live with someone else tomorrow.  We are sad together, but glad Sasha will be going to a good home.  They are featured on my home page with the skipping rope.


Molly was delighted to find it sunny today and couldn't wait to go out for a quiet stroll in the garden before all the hustle and bustle of the day began .  Molly has lovely and long wavy silky non-falling hair.



She is a real sweetie.


Molly is wearing a red needle/pin cord dress made by myself with her patent red buckle shoes.



6 comments:

  1. I will be looking forward to meeting your girls this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy new year!

    May the new year be filled with peace, happiness and great health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea of especially showing and focusing on one of your girls a month since you still have these twelve and won't then encourage you to buy more just to make up the numbers.
    Good that you have started off with the lovely Molly who has been with you one of the longest.
    Gives her a feeling of importance and leadership.
    Sasha love from Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely, and I look forward to seeing your others as they take a turn each month.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered why some of the Sasha dolls had strangely coloured lips--now I see--oxidization! I had no idea that happened to dolls.

    I have been enjoying your several blogs, and I loved the Christmas stories on this one, with little Henry and his pals. I am looking forward to the music one with the Schoenhut dolls. I was sorry to hear of your trouble with chronic pain that caused you to give up playing, but I think you have found a way to distribute the joy of music nonetheless.

    Judy

    p.s.I have found with my WordPress account that the best way to post a comment on Blogger is to be signed into WordPress, then fill in the "Comment as" box here, and then hit "Preview" rather than Publish. Then enter the code on the Preview page and hit Publish after that. For some reason this works whereas going straight to Publish does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this information Judy, it is really useful. So glad you have been enjoying the stories. With best wishes, Lorraine

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.