While at the Sasha Festival last year we received a great carry bag for the Sasha and Gregor dolls. It was a great idea but I wanted to 'improve' it slightly for our next travels. It needed to be more usable as a bag as well as a carry holder for Henry. So I wanted to make one with more of a gusset, pockets inside, not so long a handle strap and also so that when Henry was being carried that the rest of the bag could be used as well. What tended to happen was that when he was in the original one was that his body would push towards the inside of the bag and as such the bag would only fit papers in - which was ideal for the festival folder, but for not for more regular use when I wanted to be able to carry a camera, binoculars, snacks and a purse.
I think I achieved my aim.
I have had this purple spotted fabric for a long time just waiting for the right thing to make with it. It is nice and sturdy. The bag is fully lined and has a couple of pockets inside it. I also added dome poppers to hold it shut should I wish it to.
Henry trying it out for size.
Pocket, and pen holder. I used my old crafting labels.
Smaller pocket on the other side.